Vegard Lund has studied with Erik Stenstadvold at the Norwegian Academy of Music in Oslo and with Nigel North (early guitars and lute) at Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London, where he was awarded the Concert Recital Diploma (Premier Prix).
His debut as soloist at St. John’s, Smith Square, received good reviews and led to engagements for BBC Radio and Television. Since 1997 he has been a member of the Nordic Baroque Quartet and Pro Musica Antiqua. He works on a regular basis with some of Scandinavia’s leading choirs and ensembles and has collaborated in recent years with the Swedish Radio Choir, the Adolf Fredrik Bach Choir, and the Norwegian Soloist Choir, in addition to engagements as soloist and continuo musician with the Norwegian Chamber Orchestra, the Norwegian Baroque Orchestra, Barokkanerne, and the New Dutch Academy. Festival performances have included the Stavanger Chamber Music Festival, the Oslo Chamber Music Festival, the Nordland Music Festival Week, and the Stockholm Early Music Festival.
As soloist and chamber musician he has participated in festivals and concert series in most European countries, as well as in South Africa and the U.S.A.
Vegard Lund has been musical director for a number of musical theatre productions, including “Vår Frans av Assisi” by Det Åpne Teater, directed by Barthold Halle. In the summer of 2008 and 2011 he was musical director for a production of “Alvedronningen” (Purcell’s “Fairy-Queen”) by Teater Havlyst at Ramme Gaard in Hvitsten with his Ensemble Freithoff. For a number of years he has, together with the Hertzberg Ensemble, which he leads, toured with a production of Mozart’s “Der Schauspieldirektor,” directed by Yngvild Vatn Guttu. The ensemble performs many different types of pieces from chamber music format to larger choral and orchestral works such as “The Messiah.”
Vegard Lund has contributed to a number of CD recordings as soloist, accompanist, and chamber musician, with recording companies such as Simax, 2L, Grappa, Kirkelig Kulturverksted, Quattro, Lawo Classics og BIS.
- Sonata Norwegica - Ensemble Freithoff / LAWO classics (2018)
- La Belle Dance - Sigrid Egtvedt & Vegard Lund / Agnas (2017)
- Blockbird: Norwegian Recorder music - Caroline Eidsten Dahl / LAWO classics (2014)
- Roser og Kjærlighed - Helene Wold, Per Andreas Tønder, Eugene Asti & Vegard Lund
/ LAWO classics (2011)
- Pleasures & Torments - Johan Linderoth & Vegard Lund / Euterpe Musica Sweden
- Lieder mit und ohne Worte - Helene Wold & Vegard Lund / LAWO classics (2010)
- Vox Antiqua - Mariam Matrem / Bergen Digital Studio & Musikkoperatørene (2008)
- Songs from the last century - Guri Egge / LAWO classics (2006)
- Vivaldi 4 seasons "De fire årstider" - Det Norske Kammerorkester / Simax (2005)
- Dolcissimo Sospiro - Tone Wik / 2L (2004)
- Markus pasjonen - Norsk Barokkorkester og Svein Tindberg / Kirkelig Kulturverksted
- Bokken Lasson - NRK produksjon / Grappa (2000)
- Ahi Amours - Vox Antiqua med Marilena Zlatanou og Vegard Lund / Acousdig (2000)
- Cantio: music from Piae Cantiones - Pro musica Antiqua / Simax (1999)
- Generations - Rasmus og Carl Høgset / Quattro (1998)